Re: [EP-tech] Adding more stages to approval workflow?

There is a different way to achieve this.

You can add new 'eprint_status' options.

This page: https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Building_a_DataSet provides details of how to create a 'dark archive' - which is normally a different end-point for a record - so instead of:

Inbox -> buffer -> archive

You can also go:

Inbox -> buffer -> dark_archive

This plugin does the same:

http://bazaar.eprints.org/401/

What you would need to configure is

options  => [qw( inbox buffer archive deletion bufferX bufferY )],

and also think about whether anyone can move e.g. from buffer to archive - or whether everything has to go through all stages.

You may want to define more user roles - so a 'normal' editor can move from buffer to bufferX, but a 'super editor' can move from buffer to bufferX, bufferY or even to archive.

You may also want to create a clone of the review screen that looks at bufferX and buffer explicitily.

Chris' solution would also work, each has it's merits!