[EP-tech] Question regarding time out and document type

Hello,

In the last year or so we have found that some of the PDFs uploaded to our ePrints server etheses.dur.ac.uk cannot be downloaded. One can go as far as the web page with the details of the document but when clicking on the link the browser times out.

Examples are

http://etheses.dur.ac.uk/13171/

and

http://etheses.dur.ac.uk/13174/

We found a work around that is manually changing the document type to “Microsoft Word.” Then the PDF can be downloaded without any problems. E.g.:

http://etheses.dur.ac.uk/13127/

I searched for information on this issue in the Google group and also checked miscellaneous log files from ePrints but found nothing. I was wonder if this issue has been either mentioned or experienced by anyone in the past. We are running version 3.1.3

Regards,

Fernando

Fernando Andreu BSc (Hons) MSc MBCS AMEI

Metadata and Systems Librarian

Library and Heritage Collections

University of Durham

Bill Bryson Library