[EP-tech] Reinstating deleted file

Hi,
I haven’t managed to find a solution to this so I’m hoping someone has some experience in this area.

I have a situation something like this:
  • Staff member creates empty eprint 29788
  • Staff member uploads the first version, my_file_20190404.pdf, as supplied by academic. URL is /29788/1/my_file_20190404.pdf
  • Staff member uploads revised version, my_file_20190510.pdf, as supplied by academic. URL is /29788/7/my_file_20190510.pdf
  • Staff member removes first version, my_file_20190404
  • Academic asks for the first version to be re-instated as it had been hot linked to
  • Staff member uploads a copy of my_file_20190510.pdf as my_file_20190404.pdf. URL is /29788/13/my_file_20190404.pdf

This matches the expectations set out in the documentation where each upload was recorded separately as a file but I can’t find anything covering ‘undeletes'
https://wiki.eprints.org/w/EPrints_Directory_Structure/eprints3/archives/ARCHIVEID/documents/disk0/00/00/00/01/01

Can I re create file 01 and add it back to eprints, using means fair or foul?
We’re using IRStats2 for tracking access so a solution would need to work with that - otherwise I'll simply tell the staff member in question we can’t fix the deletion.

Karl Goetz
Mon, Tue, Wed, Technical Services Officer - eResearch
Wed, Thu, Fri Senior Library Officer (Library Systems)
University of Tasmania, Private Bag 25, Hobart 7001