[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Modifying Details.pm/Overwriting module
- Subject: [EP-tech] Modifying Details.pm/Overwriting module
- From: jkerwin2101 at gmail.com (James Kerwin)
- Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2019 07:58:40 +0000
- In-reply-to: <CAKkNZ9B_DV+=EnfetHF+o26ao+xz7fkF4j2wQ6ju7pGFK4_Kkg@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAKkNZ9B_DV+=EnfetHF+o26ao+xz7fkF4j2wQ6ju7pGFK4_Kkg@mail.gmail.com> <CAKkNZ9D+oqGW2dtkR6JHd+u+W4KXTMazd-x3TMsWHjfNJhVaVQ@mail.gmail.com>
Apologies, ignore the previous email. I think I've done it.
It seems if I put the file in the suitable archive location and keep this
line the same:
If I change the file name to something different (e.g. Detailz.pm) it
appears to overwrite the original Details.pm.
Previously I was changing both the package name and the filename and it was
On Wed, Jan 30, 2019 at 7:50 AM James Kerwin <jkerwin2101 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Could somebody please tell me how to overwrite an existing Perl module in
> I recently made some changes to Details.pm. I know better than to modify
> it in-situ, so I took a copy and moved it to my specific EPrint archive.
> New edited version:
> EPrints didn't pick up my changes (even after a server restart) unless I
> named the edited module something different so I called it:
> Detailz.pm (package EPrints::Plugin::Screen::EPrint::Detailz;)
> I've made the changes to how the page renders, but my problem now is I
> have a "Details" and "Details2" tab on the staff view of an EPrint. I want
> only my new Details.pm module to be brought in. I did follow Adam Field's
> YouTube video that touched on this, but it wasn't quite the same problem
> and didn't work.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...