[EP-tech] Questions concerning SWORD

Hi all,

Here in Bayreuth, some of my colleagues are interested in participating in a beta test of the DFG-funded project DeepGreen (https://deepgreen.kobv.de/en/project-deepgreen/), a service based on the Jisc Publications Router. The DeepGreen Prototype uses the SWORD2 interface, something I have no experience with.

As far as I know, SWORD2 is part of the default EPrints installation for our Eprints 3.3.15 release. In the EPrints Wiki, I’ve found something about a default location for the servicedocument, /sword-app/servicedocument. So, would it be the right way to first create the directory sword-app (where?) and then create the file servicedocument? I guess I would use the example on the Wiki page (https://wiki.eprints.org/w/SWORD_2.0#servicedocument) as a template for our file. Or would it be possible to get a service document from one of you as a template?

Is there something else that I would have to consider before agreeing to take part in the tests? The format of the metadata that is delivered by DeepGreen is still to be determined, but I would expect it to be possible to get it as EPrints XML.

If somebody has experience with the Jisc Publications Router and would like to share it, I would be interested in hearing about that, too.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Verena Mattes

Dep. Digital Library

Bayreuth University Library