[EP-tech] PDF internal links stop working after cover page is generated

Dear all,
We have two installations of ePrints. One of them is used for theses (etheses.dur.ac.uk). Last week we uploaded a thesis that includes links from the table of contents to different sections of the text. Those links do work in the original document but after the upload and the cover page is generated the links are broken. The document can be found here:

https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fetheses.dur.ac.uk%2F13263%2F&data=01%7C01%7Ceprints-tech%40ecs.soton.ac.uk%7Cd9cbdde1ab824625e47b08d783ba31a7%7C4a5378f929f44d3ebe89669d03ada9d8%7C0&sdata=xw5HRJIxKkeDfPBVnaO9FWxFG%2FoC19lJOEUVEjAMKoU%3D&reserved=0

and there are two versions. The top one (3823 Kb) does not have a cover page and the internal links work correctly. The second one (3698 Kb) does include a cover page and its internal links are broken.

Has anyone experienced this issue and if so, is there a solution for it?

We are running eprints-3.1.3 and the PDF was produced with MS-Word for Office 365 (PDF version: 17. (Acrobat 8.x)).

Regards,

Fernando

Fernando Andreu BSc (Hons) MSc MBCS AMEI
Metadata and Systems Librarian

University of Durham | University Library and Collections | Bill Bryson Library | Stockton Road | Durham | DH1 3LY | United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)191 334 1587

The information in this e-mail and any attachments is confidential. It is intended solely for the addressee or addressees. If you are not the intended recipient please delete the message and any attachments and notify the sender of misdelivery. Any use or disclosure of the contents of either is unauthorised and may be unlawful. This e-mail has been created in the knowledge that Internet e-mail is not a 100% secure communications medium. We advise that you understand and observe this lack of security when e-mailing us. Although steps have been taken to ensure that this e-mail and any attachments are free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus free. All liability for viruses is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by law.