[EP-tech] bug in ORCID Support plugin?

We have ORCID Support plugin installed on Eprints 3.3.12.

I thought this was working fine, but today I’m getting reports that users are getting this error:

“The ORCID () has been specified in Authors that is not valid or formatted incorrectly.”

Whenever one of the authors listed in the metadata doesn’t have an ORCID included.

The error message doesn’t appear if there is only 1 author without an ORCID.

As soon as there is at least one ORCID supplied, the system is requiring all authors to have an ORCID.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Is this a missing setting, or some other known issue?

Thanks!

Tomasz

Tomasz Neugebauer
Digital Projects & Systems Development Librarian / Bibliothécaire des Projets Numériques & Développement de Systèmes
Library / Bibliothèque
Concordia University / Université Concordia

Tel. / Tél. 514-848-2424 ext. / poste 7738
Email / courriel:
tomasz.neugebauer@concordia.ca

www.concordia.ca/faculty/tomasz-neugebauer.html

Mailing address / adresse postale: 1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W., LB-540-03, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1M8
Street address / adresse municipale: 1400 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W., LB-540-03, Montreal, Quebec H3G 1M8

library.concordia.ca