Re: [EP-tech] ResourceSync and EPrints

Hi Tomasz,

I've been looking into adding ResourceSync functionality into EPrints and have made a start on an EPrints 3.4 ingredient. Unfortunately I've not had the time to make a lot of progress and so it consists of just a couple of scripts so far, but I've created a new GitHub repository at https://github.com/eprints/resourcesync where we might be able to pool our efforts.

Whilst the intention is to define this as a 3.4 ingredient, ingredients may be easily backported into 3.3 as they consist of a collection of configuration files, scripts and plugins that can be added to the appropriate directories in a 3.3 repository.

Many thanks,

Will

From: Tomasz Neugebauer Via Eprints-tech <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk> [eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk] Sent: 10 January 2019 22:31 To: Eprints-tech <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk> Subject: [EP-tech] ResourceSync and EPrints

ResourceSync (http://www.openarchives.org/rs/toc)  is recommended by COAR as a next generation repository technology in their report (http://ngr.coar-repositories.org/technology/resourcesync/)

ResourceSync is a synchronization framework, a successor of the OAI-PMH protocol that is faster, reliable, scalable and allows real-time notification (and recovering of missed messages). ResourceSync is already implemented in DSpace.

Is anyone in the EPrints community working on ResourceSync for EPrints?

Tomasz