[EP-tech] Altmetric Doughnut

Hi James.

There is a little rule in the Box module that hides them when being served through a secure connection. It was meant to be there to hide it from the preiew window, but since most people serve their entire repository through https, then it gets in the way.

You can either add the almetrics badge to your summary page template directly (by passing the use of the Box module that the altmetrics plugin uses), or you can edit the perl code.

see https://github.com/eprintsug/altmetric/issues/3 for info.  The file is found under lib<https://github.com/eprintsug/altmetric/tree/master/lib>/plugins<https://github.com/eprintsug/altmetric/tree/master/lib/plugins>/EPrints<https://github.com/eprintsug/altmetric/tree/master/lib/plugins/EPrints>/Plugin<https://github.com/eprintsug/altmetric/tree/master/lib/plugins/EPrints/Plugin>/Screen<https://github.com/eprintsug/altmetric/tree/master/lib/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Screen>/EPrint<https://github.com/eprintsug/altmetric/tree/master/lib/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Screen/EPrint>/Box/

Be aware that if you edit this file it will make it hard to update the plugin in the future, as the checksums will no longer match.

email me directly if you need any more info.

Cheers,

Monica

[https://avatars3.githubusercontent.com/u/25235893?s=400&v=4]<https://github.com/eprintsug/altmetric/issues/3>

Altmetric box not displaying on HTTPS ? Issue #3 ? eprintsug/altmetric<https://github.com/eprintsug/altmetric/issues/3>
github.com
the line in the Altmetrics.pm return 0 if $self->{session}->get_secure; Means the altmetrics box will not display on any https pages (or pages that were rendered/generated over https). this l...