[EP-tech] Browse Views

Morning all,

I have a non-urgent request for some advice.

I'm taking a look at our repositories "Browse Views", specifically by
Author. We originally had the views giving a menu of the first three
letters of a name:

[image: image.png]

While it works really well, it's quite cluttered. If I arrange it sorting
by only one letter I get:

[image: image.png]

The problem I face is that for some letters there are so many authors I
suspect Apache won't display all of them or the page will be ridiculously
long.

Is there a way to add pages under each letter (Page 1, Page 2 etc once the
list reaches a given size) or another sensible way to divide up all authors
under a given letter? This can include using the three letter division
under each starting letter so I  click "A" and am then presented with a
menu showing AAR-ABA, ABB, ABC etc.

I'm sure it's possible, but it wasn't mentioned in the EPrints Services
video on Youtube, unless I wanted to divide by another property e.g. type.

Thanks,
James