Will

From: Philipp Zumstein [philipp.zumstein@bib.uni-mannheim.de] Sent: 21 August 2018 14:09 To: Eprints-tech Subject: Re: [EP-tech] ORCID Support Advance Plugin
I tried to replicate this issue, because it sounds like a major issue in
the plugin:

1. Change my name, email to some person with >100 publications
2. Disconnect and connect again to my ORCID-Sandbox-Account
3. Wait a little for the trigger to go through all the publications with
my new name and add my ORCID id there
4. Export X items to ORCID

I could successfully export one single entry and also a few entries to
ORCID, e.g. a selection of 67 entries worked for me. However, when
trying to export everything (>500 entries) then this does not work, and
an export of 104 entries does fail as wellr.

How can we pack the publications into smaller chunks when exporting to
ORCID? Can we put the lines 114-135 [2] into a loop where we 'splice'
the array $orcid_works before into smaller parts of size less than 100
and only use that part within the write_orcid_record?

For errors like this an error message is missing and in the code marked
as a TODO [1]. When will this TODO been tackled?

Best regards,
Philipp

[1]
https://github.com/eprints/orcid_support_advance/blob/ae06703165589444e77eadc1c968f00ce03eefc1/lib/plugins/EPrints/Plugin/Screen/ExportToOrcid.pm#L134