[EP-tech] Integrating eprints-3.3.15 with office365

Dear List Member, I'm unable to integrate eprints-3.3.15 with
office365 for email communication. If any of you have successfully
configured eprints3 with office365, could you please share your
experience?

I have realised that merely providing the SMTP server specification in
the SystemSettings.pm file doesn't seem to work.

'smtp_server' => 'smtp.office365.com:587'

The specifications of our eprints (eprints.iisc.ac.in) instance are:

Software version: EPrints-3.3.15

OS: Centos7

SMTP: Postfix

eprints.iisc.ac.in has been configured to use Postfix, and I'm able
send and receive emails from the terminal, but it doesn't happen
through the eprints interface. For example, if I click on the 'Request
a copy' button, the response I get is:

The system is currently unable to send email. Please try again later.
If this problem persists, please contact the administrator with
details.

Thank you for your attention.

- Francis

J.R.D. Tata Memorial Library