Re: [EP-tech] ORCID Support Advance Update

Hi everyone who has installed the ORCID Support Advance plugin, Will…

I am still looking to get a clearer picture of what I can expect to happen when I install the ORCID Support Advance plugin on top of the ORCID Support plugin that we currently have working.

What will happen to the ORCID ID’s that we have already collected in the author field of publications?

The description from Will below about ORCIDs from a DOI import says this:

, the ORCID field uses the creator/editor 'Email' column to lookup user profiles in the repository that have connected to orcid.org so that the creator/editor ORCID field can be verified. As such any ORCID added via a DOI import, might then be erased if the user profile lookup cannot be made. “

Does the above also apply to any ORCIDs that we have been collecting using the ORCID Support plugin?

I don’t think that our depositors have been diligently filling in the email column in the author field during the deposit process, does that mean that the user profile lookup will fail and the ORCID will be deleted for any author that doesn’t have an email listed in the author column?

When does this deletion happen, during indexing? Is there any way to prevent it from happening?

Thanks so much for any insight or advice on this is really appreciated.

Tomasz