If EPrints::DataSet::prepare_search calls EPrints::Search::new, I don't see exactly how one could "define a key on the oai set config to switch satisfy_all between 1 and 0 as necessary" in such an overloading version of oai2 script...

Best regards
Laurent Cloarec

John Salter J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk
Tue May 29 19:39:04 BST 2018

Hi Laurent,

If I remember correctly, it's an 'AND' in the vanilla oai2 interface.

From: [EPRINTS_ROOT]/cgi/oai2

my $searchexp = $ds->prepare_search(
                        allow_blank => 1,
                        filters => [
                                @{$filters},
                        ],
                        custom_order => "eprintid",
                        limit => ($PAGESIZE+1) );

EPrints::DataSet::prepare_search calls EPrints::Search::new - the default setting for a search is 'satisfy_all' = 1.

You could copy the cgi script above into:

[EPRINTS_ROOT]/archives/[ARCHIVEID]/cgi/oai2

and define a key on the oai set config to switch satisfy_all between 1 and 0 as necessary.

I have not tried this. It's a possible solution for what you need - but entirely untested!

If it doesn't work, or you have other questions, let me know!

PS You may also be interested in http://bazaar.eprints.org/411/ - which  flags anything that has a datestamp, but that is not currently live as 'deleted' in the OAI-PMH interface (which is more compliant with that standard).

The changes may have been merged into the core of EPrints - comparing the cgi/oai2 files should show if this is the case.