[EP-tech] Extended Review Buffer Filter

Dear all,

at our repository we have the situation that about 30 editors are working on the review buffer list on about 10'000 publications that are submitted yearly.
Most of the editors are responsible only for one community ("community editors") and their profile is set so that the only see "their" publications.

The rest (which is our main team), however, has access to all publications in the review. Their requirement was that they can exclude publications that do belong to community editors.
That would involve, however, having to set up a complicated list of communities (first select all about 400 entries in the subject tree, then unselect those communities that need to be excluded) in the filters. And having to do that again each time after the filter is reset to see all publications.

Therefore, we have created an extension to the filter section that allows to use a saved search and to combine the results of the saved search with the results of the filters using a Boolean NOT/AND/OR operator. In the filter section, a saved search Id and the Boolean operator can be specified. This allows both for personalisation (search criteria saved in editor's user profile) and sharing (saved search set to public) in a team.

Are there other teams that have a similar requirement? Please let me know, then I can share the code.

Best regards,

Martin

--
Dr. Martin Brändle