Re: [EP-tech] Upgrading from 3.0

Someone on the current team may be more accurate for 3.3 versioning, but roughly speaking, the patch releases (eg 3.0.1 to 3.0.2) just add minor features and bugfixes without changing how things work. The "minor" releases eg. 3.3 to 3.4 will change things a bit and may deprecate or turn off features, requiring work to update your configuration. The major releases 1 -> 2 -> 3 were entire rewrites requiring you to create a brand new install and migrate the data over.

With this in mind, going from 3.0 to 3.4 is actually going to be going 3.0->3.1, 3.1->3.2, 3.2->3.3, 3.3->3.4

You can do the software upgrade in one hit, BUT you should work through any tasks required for every single minor update. It's going to be a bit of work, but you've not upgraded it since Twitter was launched...