Re: [EP-tech] Shibboleth and local login

Il 07/02/2018 11:04, David R Newman ha scritto:
Hi Yuri,

Actually you will find if you click on the the Login link it actually
takes you to /cgi/users/home, when you have configured Shibboleth, this
will redirect to /shibboleth/login rather than /cgi/users/login.
   If you create a link directly to /cgi/users/login this will allow you to
still use local login.

No, I tried but it sends me to Shibboleth auth. This is because /cgi/users/login is sent to https and thus to shibboleth because / in https is protected by shibboleth. Just protecting /shibboleth in https does not work. You can login but you get no user from apache. I think it has to do with remote_user be passed only when you've a protected location, so if you're on /cgi you don't get the user while if you're on /shibboleth yes.

Can you share your https/eprints config? I'm using Debian stretch and Eprints 3.3.16 installed from tar.gz

I go direct to /cgi/users/login all the time
for repositories I support where I am not part of the institution
itself.

The only downside of having a direct login link is you may not be
logged into the page you clicked the local login link on.  However, I
think you can probably do something clever with you template to write
the current path into the href for html of this link.

On a side issue, I am the most recent person to significantly update
the Shibboleth page on wiki.eprints.org.  I am aware of a couple of
errors.  One is will the /shibboleth/login code without user creation.

The user is created using login-autocreate

  I have been meaning to get round to fixing this.  Also, there is an
issue with the /shibboleth/login code that does create user accounts
because it does not render correctly and misses out a load of empty
string definitions in the following line:

my ($username, $given, $family, $email) = (undef, '', '', '');

Yes, I've this but just cosmetic. Thanks for your help.

I will endeavour to correct these issues today.

Thanks!

Regards

David Newman