Re: [EP-tech] Shibboleth and local login

Hi Yuri,

There are various reasons why this is a case.  Mainly, this comes about
from an evolution of people's requirements for login.  So what you find
is things have got a little shoe-horned in at times, for the sake of
saving effort writing a whole login plugin, when you have a somewhat
uncommon requirement.

Writing such a plugin is probably the correct solution here.  However,
 doing so is often either beyond someone's level of skill or difficult
to justify spending the time doing, when there is bigger, more exciting
or more urgently needed functionality you could be working on. (Very
often the mantra of an Open Source project software developer, after
the words "I was going to do X but ...").

Regards

David Newman

It is also quite an uncommon requirement (in my experience) for the
institutions to want a separate local login.