[EP-tech] Problem with searching for names starting with Ö

If you do want to hack that list, you should be able to modify it by
tweaking values via a config file. It's just a global variable.

$EPrints::Index::FREETEXT_CHAR_MAPPING->{chr(0x00d6)} = "O";

Would override the behaviour. It would do it for all repositories
loaded, if your EPrints happened to run multiple archives off of one server.

nb. it should also be set for? chr(0x00f6) => 'oe', which is the
lowercase version!

Christopher Gutteridge -- http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/cjg

University of Southampton Open Data Service: http://data.southampton.ac.uk/
You should read our Web & Data Innovation blog: http://blogs.ecs.soton.ac.uk/webteam/