[EP-tech] Adding items to EP-XML template

That's the correct behaviour for an RSS feed. I'm guessing the logic of
this is that your website has an RSS importer already that makes it the
desired route.

Both "date" and "datestamp" should be stored in the same format in
EPrints, so you should just have this:

my $datestamp = $eprint->get_value( "date" );

{

my $time = timelocal( $6, $5, $4, $3, $2-1, $1 );

$item->appendChild( $session->render_data_element(

2,

"pubDate",

EPrints::Time::rfc822_datetime( $time ) ) );

}

So now it's an RSS feed with the dates of the items in the catalogue,
rather than of catalogue records.