Re: [EP-tech] Unknown entries in creator browse

Good memory – looks like I missed that email conversation first time around.

I think we surmounted the problem by using a local grouping function on the person view, which built on the [creators_id, editors_id] for internal users in the same way as your view.  The grouping function excludes entries from the sections hash of arrays it returns, where it can’t find the creators_id (or editors_id) in the user table.

Alan

From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Matthew Kerwin
Sent: 13 September 2017 00:50
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Unknown entries in creator browse

Wow, this discussion was ringing a lot of bells for me.  I've (finally) managed to dig up this old thread: http://mailman.ecs.soton.ac.uk/pipermail/eprints-tech/2014-December/003730.html

If anyone's interested, I ended up hacking

EPrints::Update::Views::fieldlist_sizes

 to let me specify my own top-level SELECT function for the view.

...which changes the way 'allow_null' interacts with 'multiple' fields.  It may be related, but that was more for making sure

allow_null=>1

works, rather than

=>0

.

Cheers

--

  Matthew Kerwin
  http://matthew.kerwin.net.au/

-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to its secondary activity of credit broking.