[EP-tech] What's the ideal method for importing records

I can't speak to "best practice", but we often have to do bulk
imports/updates over dozens or hundreds of records.

Usually our data people give me a spreadsheet (they have templates for
common sets of fields for common actions), which I convert to EPrintsXML
using an arcane mix of scripts and manual tweaks, and then import using
bin/import

Lots of --parse-only is used.

Cheers

--