[EP-tech] full_test_status field

Hi all,

Something for discussion:

By default, EPrints sets the eprint->full_text_status field to:

'none' - if there are no docs

'public' - if there are some docs, and all are 'public'

'restricted' - if there are some docs, and at least one is not public.

Code: https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/392474eec1/lib/defaultcfg/cfg.d/eprint_fields_automatic.pl#L30-L44

The full_text_status value is used as a filter in the OAI-PMH Driver set:

https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/392474eec1/lib/defaultcfg/cfg.d/oai.pl#L59-L63

which means for items that have multiple documents, of which one is restricted, the item will not be included in the Driver set.

Should there be another option for the full_text_status defined - e.g. 'some_public' - to show that at least one document is public?

Currently, from the full_text_status value of 'restricted', it's not possible to determine whether this means *all* documents are restricted, or whether just one is.

I realise this can be addressed on a repository-by-repository basis by updating the conifg, but I think that making it work better in core EPrints would be best.

Any thoughts?