[EP-tech] Is EPrints 3.4 and beyond open source software?

I will not support upgrading the soton repository to a version which is not
open source and if eprints services are so short sighted as to think i will
pay for a support contract for an non open code base then they are gravelly
mistaken. they have quietly withdraw my edshare code from files.eprints.org
and now claim they are the only provider. changing the licence og edshare
without my concent would be illegal. the audacity of it withdrawing the
code from circulation pisses me off. the support i receive from eprints
services is shit so if they are no longer a way to pay to support an open
source project i wont be paying.

im up for a fork to keep eprints open source. i think if eprints services
were less useless they would probably find they can use one of well
understood open source business models to turn a profit.

Open access publications in an open source software platform or go home.

Patrick