From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of John Salter
Sent: June-09-17 4:57 AM
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Retire Item from Review

Hi Tomasz,
I don't think it would break anything, but there aren't any default triggers that deal with a status change of e.g. inbox -> deletion (but you could add some).

You might need to add a new role e.g. eprint/buffer/move_deletion:editor as I don't think by default anyone would have permission to do this.

I *think* that adding the above role would make a 'Retire item' button appear in the 'Actions' tab, as EPrints checks for the role when displaying the 'move' buttons.

PS There's a similar thing I've added to our repository that stops people destroying an item when the datestamp is set. This is to help the OAI-PMH interface properly respond to deleted items - if they are destroyed, they don't appear in the OAI-PMH interface, becoming 'zombie' records in a harvesters dataset. (I probably should add this to core!)