Universit?t Z?rich
Stampfenbachstrasse 73
CH-8006 Z?rich

mail:  jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch
phone: +41 44 63 56777
http://www.id.uzh.ch

Von:	Adam Field <Adam.Field at jisc.ac.uk>
An:	"eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Datum:	16.02.2017 11:38
Betreff:	Re: [EP-tech] Export Plugin: Simple Metadata - What is it good
            for?
Gesendet von:	eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk

If it?s just about tidying the interface, I?d suggest using the ?advertise?
property of a plugin.  You can configure this in the cfg.d directory:

https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/lib/defaultcfg/cfg.d/plugins.pl#L43

 -----------------------------
 isc

 Adam Field
 SHERPA services analyst
 developer

      From: <eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of
      "jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch" <jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch>
      Date: Wednesday, 15 February 2017 09:31
      To: "eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
      Subject: [EP-tech] Export Plugin: Simple Metadata - What is it good
      for?

      Hey List

      while tidy up the single EPrint view for our customers, we want to
      throw away all unneded export plugins. Therefor i'll change the
      accept conditions from single dataobj and list

      $self->{accept} = [ 'list/*', 'dataobj/*' ];

      to list only

      $self->{accept} = [ 'list/*' ];

      However: ~/perl_lib/EPrints/Plugin/Export/Simple.pm is just for
      single use ($self->{accept} = [ 'dataobj/eprint' ];) and if i delete
      this, i could also deactivate the plugin from the system.

      So here is my question: Does anybody know what "Simple Metadata" it
      good for? Does any routine needs it or is it just a "Show me
      all"-Toy?! Recursive grep doesn't show any other used case.

      Cheers
       Jens

      --
      Jens Vieler
      Zentrale Informatik

      mail:  jens.vieler at id.uzh.ch
      phone: +41 44 63 56777
      http://www.id.uzh.ch

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by
guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No.
GB 197 0632 86. Jisc?s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill,
Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.

Jisc Services Limited is a wholly owned Jisc subsidiary and a company
limited by guarantee which is registered in England under company number
2881024, VAT number GB 197 0632 86. The registered office is: One Castle
Park, Tower Hill, Bristol BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800. *** Options: