Re: [EP-tech] Bulk updating questions

Hi John,

Many thanks for getting back to me about this – sorry it’s taken so long for me to pick this back up.

It’s a shame there doesn’t seem to be a lot of info about the REST service around – this is certainly how I’d prefer to do things and it’ll allow me to do it in something other than Perl which is by no means a strong area for me these days!  But you’ve given me some great advice here!  I will certainly look into updating the staff search by adding extra fields.  I’m not sure if creator_id would exactly work, because we may have members of a team adding items for others but I want to be able to find any items where a particular person is listed as an author (so not necessarily the creator).  But it’s a start!

The subject to be added would be in a separate table.  We have an eprints_research_units tab;e that holds the eprintid, pos, and research_units field.  So what I’m trying to do is add a new row in that table for every eprintid where that eprint item has an author id that is in a set derived from various users.userid values.

So I’ll investigate the staff search now but if I get stuck I may very well take you up on your offer of an example script. J

Many thanks,

Andy