From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of John Salter
Sent: Wednesday, 1 February 2017 00:33
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Correct EPrints Export/Import syntax and issues

Adam,

I agree with you.

I'm happy to go with whatever is least confusing to all - but a standard to try to stick to would be good!

Anyone else with any alternative suggestions?

eprints_base_path?

Is there a normal way this is referred to across software in general?

I'm thinking of JAVA_HOME sort of thing http://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/18439/why-is-catalina-home-named-that-way-and-other-interesting-program-names/18470 - but the examples there are all Java oriented.