[EP-tech] EPrints with S3

Hello,

I'm interested in knowing who is using the EPrints Storage Manager with Amazon S3 to store non-volatile documents.  Has your experience been positive?  Did you start from scratch with S3 or move an existing repository into the cloud?

Beyond that, has anyone made use of Amazon CloudFront?  We're interested in this because a large majority of our downloads are of a relatively small number of very popular but large documents.

Any tips, tricks, thoughts?

Thanks in advance!

Betsy Coles
Caltech Digital Library Services