Re: [EP-tech] technical question: one archive with two domains

Hey there,
I finally solved my problem using the same archive with two domains. After trying and failing with any "nice" configurations, I used mod_substitute and it works great (on my low-traffic site).
Here are my steps:
Create your archive with only one domain (eg domain1.com). epadmin will do this work, if you have an archive already you can use this one.
copy your apache config file .../eprints/apache/domain1.conf to .../eprints/apache/domain2.conf and change the line 'ServerName domain1.com' to 'ServerName domain2.com'
Add these lines in the <VirtualHost *:80> ... </VirtualHost> block:
<Location "/">
    AddOutputFilterByType SUBSTITUTE text/html
    Substitute "s;domain1.com;domain2.com;ni"
</Location>
Reload apache, eprints should now work as intended.

If you have to use https, it changes a little bit. I didn't find a way to use both domain1 and domain2 with http and https, so I configured domain1 with https as usual (see eprints manual) and copied .../eprints/apache/domain1.conf to .../eprints/apache_ssl/domain2.conf. Then I added the certificate files for domain2, changed server name, added the line 'PerlSetVar EPrints_Secure yes' in the <Location ""> ... </Location> block and added a modified version of the substitution:
<Location "/">
    AddOutputFilterByType SUBSTITUTE text/html
    Substitute "s;http://domain1.com;https://domain2.com;ni"
</Location>
At last, I redirected http://domain2.com to https://domain2.com (if you enable both http and https, http://domain2.com will change to https://domain1.com during login.

This works fine for me, its not the best option, but it is okay.

Thank you again for your help,
best regards

Thorsten Buelo

University of Cologne