From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Yuri <yurj@alfa.it>
Sent: 27 March 2017 17:03
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Apache log getting a lot of errors and Mysql Going away

I think it happens when you've a lot of connections on mysql. Rise up
the number of connection in mysql and use some script in a cronjob to
check if mysql has gone away and notify you.

The problem can go even worse when you've a lot of Apache threads and it
eats al the RAM available, you've to rise or lower the apache threads
according to the load.