From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Matthew Brady
Sent: Wednesday, 1 March 2017 11:01
To: eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] What's the ideal method for importing records

Hi All,

Just wondering how everyone handles importing of records into ePrints.

I have a situation where I have access to the metadata for over 1000 records to import, but the import process is still a little mysterious.. My last export/import was when we migrated from 2.x to 3.x.

I would prefer to create an ePrints XML structure, with as much detail as possible, and let ePrints ingest the records…, rather than skip the flat file creation and just cram it into the database..

But if anyone has any other thoughts on ‘best practice’, I would love to hear it, so let me know.

Cheers

Matt.

This email (including any attached files) is confidential and is for the intended recipient(s) only. If you received this email by mistake, please, as a courtesy, tell the sender, then delete this email.

The views and opinions are the originator's and do not necessarily reflect those of the University of Southern Queensland. Although all reasonable precautions were taken to ensure that this email contained no viruses at the time it was sent we accept no liability for any losses arising from its receipt.

The University of Southern Queensland is a registered provider of education with the Australian Government.
(CRICOS Institution Code QLD 00244B / NSW 02225M, TEQSA PRV12081 )