[EP-tech] Question about CORS

Hi, a bit odd me asking a question but I'm a bit rusty.

We've a request from a (non malicious) third party to allow CORS so they
can have javascript that accesses /id/ and /cgi/export/ to do clever things.

If there's any way to alter the system via these URLs it's a
cross-site-scripting no-no, and from reviewing the code I *think* that
those URLs are always read-only.

I thought the REST interface was at /rest/ but it looks like there's
another one implemented on /id/

https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/perl_lib/EPrints/Apache/REST.pm
-- uses /rest/
https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/perl_lib/EPrints/Apache/CRUD.pm
-- uses /id/

I suspect that means that it *is* too dangerous to allow cross site JS
to connect to /id/ which is a pity, but security first, right?

--

Christopher Gutteridge -- http://users.ecs.soton.ac.uk/cjg

University of Southampton Open Data Service: http://data.southampton.ac.uk/
You should read our Web & Data Innovation blog: http://blogs.ecs.soton.ac.uk/webteam/