[EP-tech] Enabling/disabling fields in the workflow using JS

Hello fellow Eprinters!

I?m trying to enable/disable a date field in the workflow based on the
value of a radio button (value = True or False), using JavaScript. Is
there an easy way to do it?

This page <https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Include_Javascript_in_the_workflow>
contains some clues and I?ve tried adding a render_input option to my
field definition:

{

  'name' => 'diplome_articles',

  'type' => 'boolean',

  'multiple' => 0,

  'volatile' => 0,

  'input_style' => 'radio',

   'render_input' => sub {

                    my ( $field, $repository, $current_value, $dataset,
$staff, $hidden_fields, $object, $basename ) = @_;

                    my $dom = $field->render_input_field_actual(
$repository, $current_value, $dataset, $staff, $hidden_fields, $object,
$basename );

my $script = $repository->make_javascript('

var buttonOpt = document.getElementById("'.$basename.'");

buttonOpt.addEventListener("click", function(){ alert() });

');

     my $superdom = $repository->xml->create_element("div");

              $superdom->appendChild($dom);

              $superdom->appendChild($script);

              return $superdom;

             }

}

but since both radio buttons (true/false) get the same ID when rendered
by EPrints, using ?getElementById? returns only the first element, thus
only works when the first option is clicked.

>From the console of my browser, I know I can get the value of the selected
option using

document.querySelector("[name$='_diplome_articles']:checked").value

but I can?t figure out how to add an event listener for when this value
is changing. Actually, the much, much easier way would be to just add
onclick="function()" to the radio button itself and toggle the date field
accordingly. But is it possible to do it without hacking EPrints too much?

Thanks for your help!!

Robin Sylvestre

Technicien en gestion de l?information num?rique

Services techniques et syst?mes informatis?s

Biblioth?que de l??cole Polytechnique de Montr?al

514-340-4711 poste 3743