[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Sub types on fields
- Subject: [EP-tech] Sub types on fields
- From: anbeeken at lincoln.ac.uk (Andrew Beeken)
- Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:21:24 +0000
So, I'm trying to sort out an issue in our EPrints where we have two ISSN fields - a Print ISSN and an Online ISSN. The problem with these is that neither of these fields are the ACTUAL ISSN which causes some issues on both output as well as making adding records clunky to ensure that academics put their ISSN in the correct field.
What I'm looking at doing is adding a "Type" dropdown to the Print ISSN definition that can toggle the ISSN to Print or Online, change the phrase on the Print ISSN field to just identify it as an ISSN (it's already repeatable) and make sure that the ISSN field is included in the export. There are a few potential "gotcha's" with this that I'm concerned about.
* Will doing this jeapordise the existing data in any way?
* If I set the default to "Print" will this default any pre-existing records to a Print type?
* At the moment we're looking at manually moving the Online ISSN's over to the new field, however if there is an easy way to consolidate these two fields I'm all ears! :)
Thanks in advance!
The University of Lincoln, located in the heart of the city of Lincoln, has established an international reputation based on high student satisfaction, excellent graduate employment and world-class research.
The information in this e-mail and any attachments may be confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender immediately and remove it from your system. Do not disclose the contents to another person or take copies.
Email is not secure and may contain viruses. The University of Lincoln makes every effort to ensure email is sent without viruses, but cannot guarantee this and recommends recipients take appropriate precautions.
The University may monitor email traffic data and content in accordance with its policies and English law. Further information can be found at: http://www.lincoln.ac.uk/legal.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...