From: <eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Robin Sylvestre <robin.sylvestre at polymtl.ca>
Date: Wednesday, 19 October 2016 17:50
To: "eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: [EP-tech] Hiding some document types from search page

Hello!

We would like to hide a document type from the list of available types (checkboxes) that appear on a search page.
Another option would be to group 2 item types under only one generic term, but only for the search page. Is that possible? We would prefer to keep them as separate types in the workflow.

Looking at the code for our basic search page, I don?t seem to have much control over the output. Any idea?

$c->{search}->{simple} =  {
    search_fields => [
         {
               id => "q",
               meta_fields => [
                    "documents",
                    "title",
                    "abstract",
                     "creators_name",
                     "publication",
                ]
         },
          { meta_fields => [ "date" ] },
         { meta_fields => [ "type" ] },
         { meta_fields => [ "divisions" ] },
               ],
    preamble_phrase => "cgi/search:preamble",
    title_phrase => "cgi/search:simple_search",
    citation => "result",
    page_size => 20,
    order_methods => {
         "byyear"  => "-date/creators_name/title",
         "byyearoldest"  => "date/creators_name/title",
         "byname"   => "creators_name/-date/title",
          "bytitle"  => "title/creators_name/-date"
    },
    default_order => "byyear",
    show_zero_results => 1,
};

Thanks!

[ttp://www.polymtl.ca/sc/img/logoType/logoseul/gauche/polytechnique_gauche_cmyk.jpg]
Robin Sylvestre
Technicien en documentation
Services techniques et syst?mes informatis?s
Biblioth?que Louise-Lalonde-Lamarre
?cole Polytechnique de Montr?al
T?l.: 514-340-4711 poste 3743

Jisc is a registered charity (number 1149740) and a company limited by guarantee which is registered in England under Company No. 5747339, VAT No. GB 197 0632 86. Jisc?s registered office is: One Castlepark, Tower Hill, Bristol, BS2 0JA. T 0203 697 5800.