Re: [EP-tech] Manage data sets with EPrints

Hi all,

Just to add to what Lizz said about upload limits, although we don’t use eprints for data at Nottingham, with dspace we did eventually get successful uploads of 100GB via the web front end (we didn’t try for more than that).  The things that initially hindered us achieving this were ensuring that the values for various internal system timeouts, and as well as shibboleth authentication timeouts were long enough to accommodate the time taken for upload.

Although eprints is of course an entirely different system, it might be that sys admins encounter similar gotchas when trying to accommodate big uploads so worth checking for that sort of thing if problems are discovered.

The other thing is to ensure use of Chrome as most of the other browsers seem to have arbitrary limits on file upload.  I think eprints may use something slightly more sophisticated though for file uploads than your standard old fashioned post technique so may work in a less browser dependant manner.

Jonathan

Digital Library Team

University of Nottingham