From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Alan.Stiles
Sent: 22 March 2016 10:54
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Importer issue with RIOXX plugin?

Hi all,
Has anyone else encountered a problem with adding new eprints using

                        $ep_data{'eprint_status'}="buffer";
                        my $eprint = $ds->create_dataobj( \%ep_data );

On a system with the RIOXX2 plugin installed?

It seemed to be falling over with a

Can't call method "current_repository" on an undefined value at /opt/eprints3/perl_lib/EPrints/BackCompatibility.pm line 443.

When trying to process this loop:
https://github.com/eprints/eprints/blob/3.3/perl_lib/EPrints/DataObj.pm#L1639

for a RIOXX2 field, although I see that the MetaField::RIOXX2::to_sax method does nothing...

when I removed the plugin the new creations process worked fine, but with the RIOXX2 plugin installed it just fails on the same record and line every time.

Cheers,

Alan Stiles
Digital Repository Developer
Library Services, The Open University