[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] EPrints Quick Search Results
- Subject: [EP-tech] EPrints Quick Search Results
- From: J.Salter at leeds.ac.uk (John Salter)
- Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2016 16:55:53 +0000
- In-reply-to: <EMEW3|ce669b687335797a6972197ab2e51c2cs29GdX14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|81abd5bd.000017f8.00000019@BIBLIO-GRWHIT>
- References: <81abd5bd.000017f8.00000019@BIBLIO-GRWHIT> <EMEW3|ce669b687335797a6972197ab2e51c2cs29GdX14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|81abd5bd.000017f8.00000019@BIBLIO-GRWHIT>
I seem to think that this has come up before.
I seem to recall closing this as it was fixed on the master branch, but not on the 3.3 branch (or something like that) - but can't remember the details.
This may also be related:
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Greg Whitney
Sent: 10 March 2016 16:39
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] EPrints Quick Search Results
A problem reported by our reference librarians when the search in our EPrints 3.3.14 using a Quick Search box. I tried googling unsuccessfully to see if there are any relevant hints or bug fixes.
When library staff cut & paste an exact title into the Quick Search box, we get 0 results, even though we know that the thesis title is in our repository.
For example: "Detecting Specific Types of DDoS Attacks in Cloud Environment by Using Anomaly Detection" find 0 results.
Doing some testing, I discovered that the English prepositions (ie words - of in by) are causing the problem... And most probably other English articles (a, an, etc.)
If I just input the basic keywords : ITEM MATCHES "DETECTING SPECIFIC TYPES DDOS ATTACKS CLOUD ENVIRONMENT USING ANOMALY DETECTION", the search takes some time, but I do get a result.
If I just input a few unique keywords : DDoS Attacks Cloud, the search is quick & also displays the title with other ones....
Is there a fix for this??? In a bilingual environment (French/English) , we have 2 long lists of short articles & prepositions to ignore, for those cutters & pasters......
Polytechnique Montreal Library
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...