[EP-tech] EPrints Quick Search Results

Hello,

A problem reported by our reference librarians when the search in our
EPrints 3.3.14 using a Quick Search box.  I tried googling unsuccessfully
to see if there are any relevant hints or bug fixes.

When library staff cut & paste an exact title into the Quick Search box,
we get 0 results, even though we know that the thesis title is in our
repository.

For example: "Detecting Specific Types of DDoS Attacks in Cloud
Environment by Using Anomaly Detection" find 0 results.

Doing some testing, I discovered that the English prepositions (ie words -
of in by) are causing the problem. And most probably other English
articles (a, an, etc.)

If I just input the basic keywords : ITEM MATCHES "DETECTING SPECIFIC
TYPES DDOS ATTACKS CLOUD ENVIRONMENT USING ANOMALY DETECTION", the search
takes some time, but I do get a result.

If I just input a few unique keywords : DDoS Attacks Cloud, the search is
quick & also displays the title with other ones..

Is there a fix for this???  In a bilingual environment (French/English) ,
we have 2 long lists of short articles & prepositions to ignore, for those
cutters & pasters..

Thanks!!

Greg Whitney

Polytechnique Montreal Library