[EP-tech] EPrints update for ORCID - survey now open

Dear All

As a community of EPrints users we want to ensure that we are able to take advantage of the ORCID initiative in the most effective way possible.  In order to do this we want to enable the development of a generic set of plugins that will meet the needs of all members of the community in implementing ORCID.  While we are aware that everyone?s needs a slightly different and that they may prefer unique customisations, there are enough commonalities to allow us to focus developer time and development funds on creating an implementation that will take the whole community forward.

Thank you to everyone who sent comments and contributed to the wiki page to gather user requirements for ORCID integrations in EPrints.  We have compiled these into a survey to collect data on which features are most important.

The survey is now open and we would appreciate your time to complete it and make sure we know what your priorities are:

https://bathreg.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/orcid-update-in-eprints

The survey will be open until 31st August 2016, and a proposal will be drafted in time to inform the UK ORCID Hack Day currently expected to be at the end of September.  We are interested in views from the whole community, so please do feel free to participate.

If you have any problems with the survey, please contact Lizz Jennings (E.Jennings at bath.ac.uk<mailto:E.Jennings at bath.ac.uk>)

Thanks and regards?

Lizz?

Technical Data Officer