[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Re: Suggested changes to EPrints 3 in 2016
- Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Suggested changes to EPrints 3 in 2016
- From: alan.stiles at open.ac.uk (Alan.Stiles)
- Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 10:40:57 +0000
- In-reply-to: <EMEW3|75587478e08aed9f152a147b94e65a85s04I4w14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CANy+2WfBfUFxFdzuhoU215bV37gk9aeRHQkH2yYsRDUXdne=5Q@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CANy+2WfBfUFxFdzuhoU215bV37gk9aeRHQkH2yYsRDUXdne=5Q@mail.gmail.com> <EMEW3|75587478e08aed9f152a147b94e65a85s04I4w14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|CANy+2WfBfUFxFdzuhoU215bV37gk9aeRHQkH2yYsRDUXdne=5Q@mail.gmail.com>
Don?t want you to think we?re ignoring you! Anything to simplify the structure of core EPrints seems like a step in the right direction.
if I understand your render_description example you?re suggesting that instead of calling $object->render_description(), we would call something like $XHTMLobj->render_obj_description($object) and the XHTMLobj would get the description as a string from $object and then apply the necessary DOM structure to it?
One question about the roadmap is how does it fit with the EPrints 3.4 and Eprints 4.0 plans?
Hopefully I?m not alone in saying that it?s nice to see you more visibly involved in eprints ?stuff? again, and also that your Roadmap is probably looking at a much lower level of EPrints core than most of us community developers tend to get involved, up to now, but hopefully it can help with our understanding of how it all hangs together.
From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk [mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk] On Behalf Of Patrick McSweeney
Sent: 05 January 2016 18:03
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Suggested changes to EPrints 3 in 2016
Sorry for the long silence. Since the community contributions day in December I have been playing more with EPrints. I was hoping to find a roadmap for EPrints 3 development but couldn't so I am proposing one. My aims are largely to try and simplify EPrints to make future development and support more straight forward. I would like participants of the list to take a look at the plan reply with
* Comments or questions about the plan
* Proposed changes or extensions to the plan
* Things I have not thought of
You can see the roadmap here https://wiki.eprints.org/w/index.php/EPrints3_Roadmap
So far I have started by implementing new unit tests for list and XHTML. This seems like a non-contentious part of the plan to start with. No one every complains about more tests.
Please let me know what you all think
'But your intentions are beside the point, It's the outcome of your actions that count...'
-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...