Re: [EP-tech] making a document upload not appear in summary page

Be wary! Here be wolves (with all these approaches)!

EPrints does a very good job of getting your stuff out there.

Check how your documents appear (or hopefully don’t appear) in:

- the <head> of the eprint abstract page

- OAI-PMH (in different MD formats)

- export plugins

- search output

My solution, where I wanted NO information about the document to be publicly visible (not even the fact that it existed) was:

- add a new ‘security’ option – ‘hidden’

- find any calls to ‘get_all_documents’ anywhere in your repo code or the main perl_lib

- - work out what you want to do with them

- - if it’s an internal ‘edit’ type scope, you probably want to include them

- - if it’s an external scope (e.g. export), you probably don’t

If you’re not too bothered about people being able to discover the metadata for a document, adding a new ‘security’ type, and then changing ~/archives/ARCHIVEID/cfg/cfg.d/security.pl to handle it might be another way to go.