Lizz

Technical Data Officer

Ext. 3570 (External 01225 383570)

E.Jennings at bath.ac.uk

From: eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Yuri <yurj at alfa.it>
Sent: 02 February 2016 08:42
To: eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Subject: [EP-tech] Re: Upgrade processes for EPrints

My suggestion is to just make a backup of the code, do an upgrade and
make a diff, to find the changes. Evaluate if some of them can be done
using triggers, so no more code changing in Eprints.

If you use some virtualization, you can do it in a cloned machine (with
just a different ip and a different virtual domain - a new dns entries)
and when done, just change the domain in Apache to the production and
the ips  and do an apache reload.