[EP-tech] Re: Upgrade processes for EPrints

My suggestion is to just make a backup of the code, do an upgrade and
make a diff, to find the changes. Evaluate if some of them can be done
using triggers, so no more code changing in Eprints.

If you use some virtualization, you can do it in a cloned machine (with
just a different ip and a different virtual domain - a new dns entries)
and when done, just change the domain in Apache to the production and
the ips  and do an apache reload.