[EP-tech] EPrints Quick Search Results

Hello,

A problem reported by our reference librarians when the search in our EPrints 3.3.14 using a Quick Search box.  I tried googling unsuccessfully to see if there are any relevant hints or bug fixes.

When library staff cut & paste an exact title into the Quick Search box, we get 0 results, even though we know that the thesis title is in our repository.

For example: “Detecting Specific Types of DDoS Attacks in Cloud Environment by Using Anomaly Detection” find 0 results.

Doing some testing, I discovered that the English prepositions (ie words – of in by) are causing the problem… And most probably other English articles (a, an, etc.)

If I just input the basic keywords : ITEM MATCHES "DETECTING SPECIFIC TYPES DDOS ATTACKS CLOUD ENVIRONMENT USING ANOMALY DETECTION", the search takes some time, but I do get a result.

If I just input a few unique keywords : DDoS Attacks Cloud, the search is quick & also displays the title with other ones….

Is there a fix for this???  In a bilingual environment (French/English) , we have 2 long lists of short articles & prepositions to ignore, for those cutters & pasters……

Thanks!!

Greg Whitney

Polytechnique Montreal Library