Re: [EP-tech] subject dataset - removing subjectid from eprint

Interesting...
You could try adding the subject back into the tree temporarily to see if it works that way?

Using this script should cause any affected EPrints' summary pages to be regenerated - if you alter the database directly, you'd have to do this by running bin/generate_abstracts.

From: eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk <eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Monica Wood <monica.wood@utas.edu.au>
Sent: 09 March 2016 04:33:34
To: 'eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk'
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] subject dataset - removing subjectid from eprint

Hi John,

Thanks for linking me to this script.
I’ve had a look through it and tried it out, but it’s not working. I believe this is because I’ve already removed the node from the subject tree (Unlinked it from the tree).

Putting the noise level up on the script to 3 gives me some feedback on a query it’s doing at I believe this line?
my $list = $session->get_repository->dataset( 'eprint' )->search( filters => [
        { meta_fields => [ $fieldname ],
          value => $subjectid }
This query is (with filename set to collections and subjectid set to theses)
Database execute debug: SELECT `eprint`.`eprintid` FROM `eprint`, `eprint_collections` AS `eprint_collections`, `subject_ancestors` AS `127395456subject_ancestors` WHERE `eprint`.`eprintid`=`eprint_collections`.`eprintid` AND `eprint_collections`.`collections`=`127395456subject_ancestors`.`subjectid` AND `127395456subject_ancestors`.`ancestors` = 'theses' GROUP BY `eprint`.`printed`
This is returning an empty list, as the theses subjectid no longer exists in subject_ancestors, but it does still exist in eprint_collections.
I’ll have a go at bulk changing the records from the GUI, if that doesn’t work out, I’ll do a bulk change directly in the database by removing the entries in eprint_collections that point to the theses subjectid.
Cheers,
Monica Wood

Library Systems Officer
Library | Division of Students & Education
University of Tasmania
Locked Bag 25
Hobart 7001
T +61 3 6226 1849