[EP-tech] Re: Javascript, workflow question

Thanks Adam,

Indeed, this is probably the solution to my problem.

Jean-Marie

Le 08/02/2016 10:58, Adam Field a écrit :
You should look into input renderers.  One example of this is the subject tree input render, but many institutional repositories have them on their creators field to handle unique IDs in a more user-friendly way.

You can find an example of an input renderer on the Agro Ontology bazaar plugin at http://bazaar.eprints.org/363/ — see http://bazaar.eprints.org/363/1/epm/agro_ontology/cfg/cfg.d/zz_agro_ontology_lib.pl for the code that generates the input DOM and the line to configure it in the field config.

Jisc

Adam Field
SHERPA services analyst developer

From: <eprints-tech-bounces@ecs.soton.ac.uk> on behalf of Jean-Marie Le Bechec <Jean-Marie.LeBechec@inp-toulouse.fr>
Date: Friday, 5 February 2016 15:12
To: "eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk" <eprints-tech@ecs.soton.ac.uk>
Subject: [EP-tech] _javascript_, workflow question

Hi all,

I want to connect my eprint repository with IdRef (French Reference Database of Sudoc's authority records). Abes provides us _javascript_ libraries for it (thttp://documentation.abes.fr/aideidrefdeveloppeur/ch04s01.html)

So, i have a question :

What is the most appropriate and proper way to add a button or url (with an associated action) in the workflow repository?

Like this :
img

I wish that this button calls a script (javacript) that opens a modal window (which lets you search for people) and return some information to complete the form :

I can change MetaField.pm but there has to be a better solution?

Any advice would be welcome !

Jean-Marie

Jean Marie Le Bechec
Service Commun de la Documentation
Responsable ingenierie documentaire
&
Direction du Systeme d'Information
Referent Etudes

Institut National Polytechnique de Toulouse
6 allee Emile Monso - bp 34038 -
31029 Toulouse cedex 4
Tel : 05 34 32 31 16
Tel Port : 06 40 81 35 68