From: <eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk<mailto:eprints-tech-bounces at ecs.soton.ac.uk>> on behalf of Matthew Brady <Matthew.Brady at usq.edu.au<mailto:Matthew.Brady at usq.edu.au>>
Date: Wednesday, 27 April 2016 01:21
To: "eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk<mailto:eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>" <eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk<mailto:eprints-tech at ecs.soton.ac.uk>>
Subject: Re: [EP-tech] Search form

Hi Lessard,

We implemented our system a little differently that Gilles did with Cirad.

We re-used the original creator_id field, and update its contents as the author records get manipulated.  We also wrote custom view render logic for the double hop we make, from creator->author_instance_id->author_id, so our browse by author view (http://eprints.usq.edu.au/view/uniqueauthor/)  is listing the Unique Authors by name, then any cited name used.  Virtual Fields would likely streamline this process a bit more?

There are Training Video?s on the eprints wiki, https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Category:Training_Video

The one I think would suit this application is the Virtual Fields video (https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Training_Video:Virtual_Fields).