[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[EP-tech] Search form
- Subject: [EP-tech] Search form
- From: Matthew.Brady at usq.edu.au (Matthew Brady)
- Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2016 00:21:51 +0000
- In-reply-to: <EMEW3|460307c814bfa5caf2bc5f681bdd2137s3PBOM14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|571F413E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <571F413E.email@example.com> <EMEW3|460307c814bfa5caf2bc5f681bdd2137s3PBOM14eprints-tech-bounces|ecs.soton.ac.uk|571F413E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
We implemented our system a little differently that Gilles did with Cirad.
We re-used the original creator_id field, and update its contents as the author records get manipulated. We also wrote custom view render logic for the double hop we make, from creator->author_instance_id->author_id, so our browse by author view (http://eprints.usq.edu.au/view/uniqueauthor/) is listing the Unique Authors by name, then any cited name used. Virtual Fields would likely streamline this process a bit more?
There are Training Video?s on the eprints wiki, https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Category:Training_Video
The one I think would suit this application is the Virtual Fields video (https://wiki.eprints.org/w/Training_Video:Virtual_Fields).